Unlocking the Power of Pennsylvania’s State Revolving Funds:
Overview & Objectives: This webinar by WaterNow Alliance and the Water Center at Penn will explore how Pennsylvania leaders can leverage State Revolving Fund (SRF) loans and grants for water infrastructure investments. Since the Clean Water SRF and Drinking Water SRF were first established, states administering these programs have provided more than $204 billion in low-cost funding to water quality and drinking water projects across the country. With additional funding now available through the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), it is crucial for local leaders to understand how SRF’s and BIL can help fund water infrastructure investments in their communities.
- Provide participants with background on Pennsylvania’s SRF program so that participants are able to consider SRF loans as a financing mechanism for their next water infrastructure project;
- Highlight how local water agencies can leverage SRF dollars for creative, innovative, climate resilient projects, such as green infrastructure;
- Feature types of projects that are eligible for SRF funding to inspire participants to action; and
- Answer local leaders’ questions about Pennsylvania’s SRF program and offer insight into community-specific application of SRF requirements.
The webinar’s speakers include:
- Ellen Kohler, Director of Applied Research and Programs, The Water Center at Penn
- Dan Mikesic, Project Specialist, PENNVEST
- Jen Cotting, Director, University of Maryland Environmental Finance Center
- Caroline Koch, Water Policy Director, WaterNow Alliance