Tapping into Federal Funding:
WaterNow’s third webinar in the Tap into Federal Funding series will feature an increasingly important sustainable water funding program for Western communities: Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART grants. This event will explore how local leaders can leverage the Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART grants for proven water conservation and efficiency infrastructure investments, build long-term resilience to drought, and prioritize environmental benefits that increase the reliability of water resources.
This webinar will provide decision makers with a working understanding of how to submit a competitive application for WaterSMART grants, as well as updates to the Water and Energy Efficiency Grants, Drought Resiliency Projects, and new Environmental Water Resources Projects grants. The submission period for these grants will open in late July and early August, and are expected to be open for 60-90 days. If your agency, municipality or community is considering WaterSMART grants this cycle, you don’t want to miss this timely webinar!
This webinar is scheduled for Noon PDT/1 MDT/2 CDT.
Who should attend? This session is designed for decision makers and staff looking to deploy innovative and sustainable water infrastructure projects, including utility managers and staff, elected and other water policy officials and their staff, and nonprofits or other community organizations partnering with agencies on water infrastructure projects.
- Sheri Looper, Drought Coordinator, Bureau of Reclamation
- Josh German, Program Analyst, Bureau of Reclamation
- Robin Graber, Program Analyst, Bureau of Reclamation
- Maribeth Menendez, Program Analyst, Bureau of Reclamation
- Kathy Flanagan, Senior Management Analyst, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Georgia Beesemyer, Project Manager, WaterNow Alliance
- Victoria Arling, WaterNow Colorado Basin Program Manager