Established in 2010, the Bureau of Reclamation’s WaterSMART (Sustain and Manage America’s Resources for Tomorrow) Program provides federal leadership and financial assistance for the efficient use of water in the Western United States. Each year, Reclamation allocates millions of dollars in grant funding through the WaterSMART Program to support Western States, tribes, and local water providers as they plan and implement actions to advance their water efficiency and supply reliability priorities.
Now more than ever our cities and water utilities need all of the financial support they can get to meet our region’s water challenges. Through our WaterSMART Grant Application Support & Help Desk program, WaterNow can now support Colorado water providers with no-cost, hands-on assistance to understand and apply for WaterSMART grants.
Our support services include, but are not limited to:
- 1-on-1 calls to discuss available grant opportunities and strategize next steps
- Targeted research tasks related to your application
- Application and budget templates that follow the Notice of Funding Opportunity
- Editing and detailed review of your application (Please note that WaterNow is not able to write/draft WaterSMART applications at this time)
- And more! We’ll work with you to determine what kind of support would be most useful to your utility or organization.
WaterNow provides pro-bono support for:
- Water and Energy Efficiency Grants
- Small-scale Water Efficiency Projects
- Environmental Water Resources Projects
- Drought Resiliency Projects
- Drought Contingency Planning
- Water Conservation Field Services Program - Upper Colorado Basin
If you are a Colorado community interested in applying to a WaterSMART funding opportunity and would like WaterNow’s assistance, fill out this short form and we’ll be in touch.